Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing blogging platforms for developers and tech enthusiasts. At its core, Hashnode allows developers and tech bloggers to share their knowledge easily with the tech community without the hassle of building an optimized blog from scratch and managing it. The community today stands at 1.3M MAU and is growing 20% MoM.
Hashnode is backed by Accel India, Sequoia Capital India's Surge, Sierra Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Naval Ravikant, Guillermo Rauch, Salil Deshpande, Des Traynor, and other amazing angels.
About the job
We are looking to add a Product Designer to our growing team striving to make a better place for both readers and writers on the platform. We believe a Product Designer will play an integral role in enhancing our overall product and brand experience.
The designer will work closely with the design lead and product manager to execute several visual aspects of the product, focusing on typography, iconography, and motion graphics. Since we are a young organization, the designer will also get the opportunity to play a cross-functional role and contribute to the design, curation, and creation of digital content for social media and marketing purposes.
- Designing properties across the entire product lifecycle for mobile, web, and desktop platforms and from wireframes to hi-fi prototypes.
- Taking full ownership and autonomy of work, every last detail, and every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, applying pixel-perfect with attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Jamming with the Design Lead and Product Manager to create captivating, engaging, and enjoyable designs.
- Deeply understand users through exploratory research.
- Help develop an overarching design system to aid rapid development and iteration.
Working closely with user research leads to obtaining user insights, identifying opportunities, validating concepts, and socializing ideas across the team.
- Extend existing visual styles and design patterns to new components and features.
- Create aspirational visual communication.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story of a deep design thinker.
- Great written and verbal communication skills with experience collaborating with product and engineering teams to make product visions come to life.
- A skilled storyteller and ‘conceptor’ with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Clearly and confidently communicate design concepts to key stakeholders.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Ability to deeply empathize with different kinds of users.
- Should primarily be comfortable with design software and technologies such as Figma
- An added experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Figma is a plus.
- Team player who constantly generates new ideas, pushes peers, and mentors younger folks.
- Remote Job
- Be a part of our founding team and directly influence the roadmap.
- ESOP 0.1-0.2%.
- We'll equip you with the best tools for the job.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work closely with our users and other key stakeholders.
- Opportunity to own new and upcoming core features.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Fun outings and events when the pandemic is over. Until then, we'll have fun over zoom!