Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing knowledge-sharing platforms for developers, engineers, and people in tech. At its core, Hashnode allows writers to share their knowledge easily with the tech community without the hassle of building a blog from scratch and managing it. The platform is growing at 20% MoM on various KPIs on an average - purely organic word of mouth. The user base has increased from zero to millions in just over a year.
We are a small, passionate team who love solving bigger challenges. We are backed by investors such as Accel India, Sequoia Capital India's Surge, Sierra Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Some of our angel investors include Naval Ravikant, Guillermo Rauch, Salil Deshpande, and Des Traynor.
💼 About the job
We are looking to add a Product Designer to our growing team striving to make a better place for both readers and writers on the platform. We believe a Product Designer will play an integral role in enhancing our overall product and brand experience.
The designer will work closely with the design lead and product manager to execute several visual aspects of the product, focusing on typography, iconography, and motion graphics. Since we are a young organization, the designer will also get the opportunity to play a cross-functional role and contribute to the design, curation, and creation of digital content for social media and marketing purposes.
- Designing properties across the entire product lifecycle for mobile, web, and desktop platforms and from wireframes to hi-fi prototypes.
- Taking full ownership and autonomy of work, every last detail, and every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, applying pixel-perfect with attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Jamming with the Design Lead and Product Manager to create captivating, engaging, and enjoyable designs.
- Deeply understand users through exploratory research.
- Help develop an overarching design system to aid rapid development and iteration.
- Working closely with user research leads to obtaining user insights, identifying opportunities, validating concepts, and socializing ideas across the team.
- Extend existing visual styles and design patterns to new components and features.
- Create aspirational visual communication.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story of a deep design thinker.
- Great written and verbal communication skills with experience collaborating with product and engineering teams to make product visions come to life.
- A skilled storyteller and ‘conceptor’ with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Clearly and confidently communicate design concepts to key stakeholders.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Ability to deeply empathize with different kinds of users.
- Should primarily be comfortable with design software and technologies such as Figma
- An added experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Figma is a plus.
- Team player who constantly generates new ideas, pushes peers, and mentors younger folks.
- Remote Job
🏝 Our Culture
Everyone is a CEO!
We don't want to manage people. Everyone manages themselves and acts as a CEO of the function or position they hold.
Everyone is a Hustler!
Thinking about growth is a shared responsibility. Ideas can come from anyone.
Since we are the users of our product, we know the exact pain points and understand fellow software developers really well.
Going forward we are going to heavily rely on product-led growth. This means our user acquisition, conversion, and retention are all driven primarily by our product.
- Work From Anywhere
- Asynchronous Work Culture
- Unlimited Vacations
- MacBooks and other tools needed for the job
- Free eBooks
- Generous Compensation & Equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Home Office Setup Allowance
- Sponsored H1B Visa
- Fun Outings and Events
- Annual Company Retreat
- Be a part of our founding team and directly influence the roadmap
- Work closely with our users and other key stakeholders
- Opportunity to own new and upcoming core features