Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing knowledge-sharing platforms for developers, engineers, and people in tech. At its core, Hashnode allows writers to share their knowledge easily with the tech community without the hassle of building a blog from scratch and managing it. The platform is growing at 20% MoM on various KPIs on an average - purely organic word of mouth. The user base has increased from zero to millions in just over a year.
Hashnode is backed by investors such as Accel India, Sequoia Capital India's Surge, Sierra Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Some of the notable angel investors include Naval Ravikant, Guillermo Rauch, Salil Deshpande, and Des Traynor.
About the job
We are looking for Senior Software Developers to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. If you also have extensive experience in JAMStack, Node.js, Next.js, MongoDB, and React, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Work on the newest features for hashnode
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Participate in code reviews
- Help us build the foundation of a new tech company
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Experience with building full-stack applications. From backend to frontend and distributed systems
- Active hashnode user or user on another content creation platform
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Software & API Design
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
We are very selective with the candidates we hire. Please only apply if you meet these criteria. If you don't check one of these points but excel in others you can still apply of course.
Everyone is a CEO!
We don't want to manage people. Everyone manages themselves and acts as a CEO of the function or position they hold
Thinking about growth is a shared responsibility. Ideas can come from anyone.
Since we are the users of our product, we know the exact pain points and understand fellow software developers really well.
Going forward we are going to heavily rely on product-led growth. This means our user acquisition, conversion, and retention are all driven primarily by our product.
This can happen only if everyone is a hustler, and contributes to the product.
We value your time! That is why we try to keep this process as short as possible (14-18 days).