Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing blogging platforms for developers and tech enthusiasts. At its core, Hashnode allows developers and tech bloggers to share their knowledge easily with the tech community without the hassle of building an optimized blog from scratch and managing it. The community today stands at 1.3M MAU and is growing 20% MoM.
Hashnode is backed by Accel India, Sequoia Capital India's Surge, Sierra Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Naval Ravikant, Guillermo Rauch, Salil Deshpande, Des Traynor, and other amazing angels.
About the job
We are looking to add a Graphic Designer to our growing team striving to make a better place for both readers and writers on the platform. We believe a Graphic Designer will play an integral role in enhancing our overall product and brand experience.
The designer will work closely with the design lead and product manager to execute several visual aspects of the product, focusing on typography, iconography, and motion graphics. Since we are a young organization, the designer will also get the opportunity to play a cross-functional role and contribute to the design, curation, and creation of digital content for social media and marketing purposes.
- Conceptualise and execute illustration or photo-based social media creatives on the defined creative strategy and approach
- Conceptualise and execute digital marketing collaterals such as banners, emailers, etc. based on the requirements
- Scope and create templates for our marketing team to be more efficient in their posting on social media, the blog, email, and other channels
- Creation of design assets required for landing pages or websites
- Define the creative approach for focused digital and social campaigns
- Analyze marketing challenges and create designs that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Ensure that our products speak the same visual language across mediums and channels
- Accountable for brand consistency across campaigns and assets - website, emails, and other marketing channels
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Work as a part of the team with copywriters, designers, executives, etc
- A strong understanding of balanced digital designs with the visual aesthetics of various digital channels
- Experience in motion graphics, animation, and photo manipulation skills
- An interesting portfolio that demonstrates the fundamentals of design, from layout and typography to color and composition
- Ability to come up with exciting content ideas that suit a creative brief and are communicated clearly
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and display strong independent behavior
- Should be a visual storyteller and able to transform information, messages, and concepts into high-quality assets that educate, inspire, and accurately depict and promote the brand
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (at least Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects)
- Awesome time management skills, with experience in working with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Up to date with the industry’s leading software and technologies
- Experience with other creative software is a big plus
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts, or related field is a plus
- Be a part of our founding team and directly influence the roadmap.
- ESOP 0.1-0.2%.
- We'll equip you with the best tools for the job.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work closely with our users and other key stakeholders.
- Opportunity to own new and upcoming core features.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Fun outings and events when the pandemic is over. Until then, we'll have fun over zoom!